Posted by craig
Saturday, May 09, 2009 11:04:36 AM
It took me several tries to get the Mojoportal working locally. Configuring MS SQL server can be a bit tricky, this is from the MSDN:
STEP 1: Enabling TCP/IP
First we must tell SQL Server Express to listen on TCP/IP, to do this perform the following steps:
- Launch the SQL Server Configuration Manager from the "Microsoft SQL Server 2008" Program menu
- Click on the "Protocols for SQLEXPRESS" node or the specific instance name of choice.
- Right click on "TCP/IP" in the list of Protocols and choose, "Enable"
- Restart the MSSQL server service(s).
- With PowerShell do: PS C:\ > stop-service mssql* -force
- With PowerShell do: PS C:\> start-service 'MSSQL$SQLEXPRESS'
Then the key line in the config file in my case was:
<add key="MSSQLConnectionString" value="Server=MyHome-PC\SQLEXPRESS;Database=mojo;TRUSTED_CONNECTION=TRUE" />
MyHome-PC should be replaced with your Pc name, and note the key TRUSTED_CONNECTION=TRUE parameter which is quite different from the default settings in the provided web.config from mojo portal.
Copyright 2009 AnyTime